Pet Checkers (“Pet Checkers“) operates PetCheckers.co.uk and may operate other websites. It is Pet Checkers policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In order for us to be able to provide you with the best possible service, we collect a very small range of data. This includes your;
- Phone Number
- Email Adress
- House Key
This information is collected when you book a free consultation with us. We have various forms that we need to fill in before we can register you as a customer.
We also collect information about your pets which includes which vet’s they’re registered with, any health issues etc. But as they’re not people, and they’re unlikely to have their own email address and phone number, GDPR doesn’t apply to them.
We use this data so we;
- Know your name
- Can find were you live when we look after your pets
- Can let ourselves in when we get there
- Can call you if we have any problems
- Can email your invoice at the end of each month
- Create staff rotas
- Calculate staff mileage payments
How We Store & Protect Your Data
We store your data in two places;
- The information we collect at your initial consultation is stored as hard copies which are securely locked away.
- We also store this information in a secure, third-party software called CarePlanner. Careplanner is the software we use to create staff rotas, calculate staff mileage allowances and generate customer invoices. They are GDPR compliant.
- All our computers, mobile devices and software are secured by password encryption.
- Your house keys are NEVER kept in the same places as your address. They are stored in a different place, it an secure, password protected safe with a tag that displays the name of your pet.
How Long We Retain Your Data and How We Dispose of it
We only ever retain your data for as long as is necessary. If you don’t use our services for 6 months;
- Any hard copies of your personal data will be shredded
- Your details will be deactivated on our software package
- We will give your key back to you.
Your Rights Over Your Personal Data
If you wish, you can request to see how much of your personal data we store and you also have the right to ask us to delete it. However, we only collect and store the data we absolutely need to maintain a customer/supplier relationship. If you wish to have it deleted, please be aware that we are unable to keep you on as a customer.
What We Don’t Do With Your Data
We will NEVER, EVER sell your data to a third party. And we don’t use your data to send you marketing messages about our other services. You won’t ever receive marketing emails or mailshots through your front door. We believe in personal relationships and we provide our service based on honest advice and the interests of your pets, not sales tactics.
Other Types of Data We Collect Through Our Website
We collect a range of data non-personal through our website (www.petchecers.co.uk)
This shows us;
- How many visitors we get to our website each month
- What devices and web browser they used
- What country they are in
- Where they came from (from a Google search, another website etc.)
- What page they landed on
- What pages they visited etc.
We use this data to improve the usability of our website and make it easier for our visitors to find the information they’re looking for.
Cookies help us to improve user experience. For example, if you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.